What does a week serving at El Ayudante look like?
From the time you first contact us to bring a team to El Ayudante, we will walk you through each step of the planning and preparation process and work together to tailor your week to your team’s unique identity. We are dedicated to providing excellence every step of the way. From the moment you arrive through customs, your time in Honduras is thoroughly planned and prepared for by El Ayudante staff.
For the best experience, we recommend teams to have between 12 and 20 team members. Most of our teams serving at El Ayudante stay for 7 nights / 8 days, from Saturday to Saturday. The following schedule is based on a Saturday to Saturday flight schedule.
- DAY ONE – Saturday
- Day of arrival—lunch at a typical Honduran restaurant and travel to El Ayudante
- DAY TWO – Sunday
- Attending/serving at a local church, and preparing for your week’s ministry projects
- DAY THREE – SIX – Monday to Thursday
- 4 full days of ministry in the community surrounding El Ayudante
- DAY SEVEN – Friday
- In the morning finish up projects, after lunch team departs for shopping, touring, and dinner out
- DAY EIGHT – Saturday
- Day of departure—Leave El Ayudante immediately after breakfast for the airport
* Teams may request alternative schedules. Staying longer than 8 days is an additional $50 per team member, per day. During peak summer months, Saturday to Saturday is required.
The cost per person for 8 days at El Ayudante is $550. This includes all transportation from arrival to departure, housing, food, bottled water, translators, and all the preparation and leadership for your week of ministry. Teams are responsible for their own airfare, immunizations, passports, travel insurance, and souvenir expenses, as well as project money.
“Project Money” is the funding that will cover your actual project or ministry expenses while in Honduras like construction materials, paint, water filters, etc. (This does not including additional supplies you may choose to purchase and bring with you.) We ask teams to provide $100-$150 per team member for project money; this amount allows your team to have plenty of projects to work on.
FEES PAID BY TEAMS BEFORE YOUR TRIP:
- Airline tickets
- Passport and immunization fees – as needed
- Travel insurance (around $30 per person)
FEES PAID TO EL AYUDANTE:
- El Ayudante’s fee for the week – $550 per person
- Project/ministry money – depending on your team’s projects ($100 – $150 per person)
MONEY NEEDED DURING YOUR TRIP:
- Meals during airport travel, including lunch on departure day
- Honduran souvenirs / El Ayudante merchandise (depending how much you like to shop!)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For our detailed FAQs, Leader’s Packet, and more >> visit the “EA Resource Links” in the right sidebar.
READY TO BOOK A TEAM?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you want to serve with us!